- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 29 ounces canned tomatoes diced, undrained
- 16 ounces no salt added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 16 ounces pasta
- Heat oil in a saucepan or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar and next 9 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and cook, uncovered, about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large serving bowl, toss the cooked and drained pasta with the arrabbiata sauce and serve.