- 4 ripe tomatoes cut 1/2″ dice
- cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 2 cans white-meat tuna in water – (6 ½ oz ea) drained well
- cup imported black olives pitted
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- In a large bowl, prepare sauce: Combine the tomatoes, basil and tuna (be careful not to break it up too much). Add the olives, salt, pepper and oil, then toss very gently.
- Just before serving, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: Angel hair pasta cooks quickly, so have your sauce ready to go as soon as it is done. Delicately flake the tuna for the sauce, so it remains in large pieces. Don’t mush it. This dish must move quickly.