- 3 cups Durum semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs to 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- Cup Grated Romano cheese
- Mix the semolina and salt together. On a large work surface, form a mound with the semolina and create a “well” in the center of the mound.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs and oil together until smooth. Pour this mixture into the well.
- Working from the inside of the well out, gradually work the semolina into the eggs, until all the flour is worked in.
- Wrap with plastic and allow to rest for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and temper for 5 minutes.
- Flour a surface and turn the dough out onto it.
- Roll out the dough to 1/2 of an inch thick. Cut the dough out into thirds.
- Using a pasta machine, wide cutters, carefully work one piece of the pasta dough through the pasta.
- This recipe yields 1 pound of pasta, 4 servings.