- garlic infused olive oil (see below)
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (I used Regine)
- 3/4 lb fresh mozzarella, diced
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes
- 2-3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- a couple handfuls of basil, torn
- salt & pepper
- Garlic infused olive oil is a great and easy way to infuse tons of flavor into a dish! Add 1 cup olive oil and 15 smashed garlic cloves into a small saucepan. On the smallest burner and on the lowest heat allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes. The oil will look slightly cloudy in the end. Allow to cool slightly before handling.
- Go ahead and cook your pasta to al dente, “to the tooth”. Side note I found this “Regine” shaped pasta and I had to give it a try! Its so fun looking! While the pasta is cooking dice your mozzarella and tomatoes, add to a large bowl.
- Drain the pasta and cool for a few minutes. Add the pasta to the bowl. Next, add in the basil, a 1/4 cup of the garlic infused olive oil and the balsamic. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Can be served cold or room temperature!